Countryside Farms company in Steinbach, Manitoba is looking for a Account Manager for a permanent full-time position.
Under the guidance of the Senior Director, the Account Manager organizes, plans, and executes sales initiatives for Nutri Group products with the objective to maximize volumes and profitability within annual budget targets. He/She will be responsible for a portfolio of customers that includes retail and distributors in Manitoba and other Western Canada provinces.
The Account Manager is responsible for achieving and exceeding performance targets. He/She will provide current and prospective clients with innovative business solutions, leveraging the company value propositions in order to generate successful sales and achieve performance targets. Customer retention will also be a primary focus.
The Account Manager will take part in all weekly meetings and receive one-on-one coaching sessions to assess and develop sales skill sets and foster growth. He/She will be responsible for short term sales activities as well as developing and implementing longer term strategies. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage retail and HRI customers (head offices, stores, wholesalers, end users);
- Ability to develop new accounts and grow from the ground up;
- Manage and maximize sales with our existing customers;
- Create and execute a detailed sales plan in order to achieve sales objectives;
- Deliver yearly growth targets as set by the company;
- Participate to the development of the annual budget;
- Ensure the promotion of positive relations of the organization with customers;
- Train and support distributor’s sales team;
- Participate to trade shows as required;
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales updates and regional overview;
- Execute day-to-day account management tasks;
- Embrace and promote company’s culture with colleagues and customers.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or College diploma in a related discipline;
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in sales in the food industry;
- Previous Retail/Food Service experience with proven track record;
- Experience in business development;
- Exceptional sales and negotiation skills;
- Strong communication, management and team work skills;
- High level of interpersonal skills and able to establish long lasting, positive interpersonal relationships;
- Able to transform strategies into actions;
- Ability to work under pressure and carry out several projects simultaneously;
- Ability to identify customer needs and provide creative and innovative solutions;
- Perseverance and autonomy;
- Proficiency with Ms Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;