Under the responsibility of the Quality and R&D department, the quality coordinator is responsible for the overall performance of the quality process, working closely with production to increase the efficiency of activities related to food safety.
The candidate is result oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Implement and maintain SQF, HACCP, American Human and Kosher programs and certifications;
- Point of contact for all certifications of Supreme Egg Products, Etobicoke;
- Maintain and improve quality systems and process;
- Write and update quality and food safety forms, instructions and procedures;
- Monitor and improve quality KPI’s by using continuous improvement tools (exposure to lean manufacturing).
- Support operations in deviations, CAPA’s and rework management.
- Investigate and manage consumer complaints;
- Ensure regulatory compliance of operations and finish products;
- Perform daily factory tours to ensure the maintenance of quality procedures and policies;
- Train employees in quality and food safety (GMP, HACCP, SQF);
- Monitor and update EMMP (Environmental Monitoring & Management Planning).
- Diploma in Food Science, Food Technology, Biological Science or equivalent food experience (minimum 3 years program college or university);
- Minimum (5) years’ experience as Quality Assurance Coordinator or equivalent position in a related discipline in the food or pharmaceutical industry;
- Microsoft Office knowledge;
- Proficient in English- speaking and writing. Spanish and/or French language skills an asset;
- HACCP certification;
- SQF specialist training or extensive experience;
- PCQI (Preventive Control Qualified Individual) certificate, an asset.
- Master SFCR (Safe Food fo Canadians Regulations) and Ontario Food Safety Laws and Requirements;
- Problem Solving- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner;
- Good redaction skills;
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote the culture of quality;
- Good communication skills (inside and outside of the organization);
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment;
- Ability to prioritize business needs without compromising food safety or quality;
- Strong customer relationship;
- Shop floor driver, hands on, great ledearship.